- Once we've rung in the New Year, the holiday buying frenzy is over. This is one of the best times to shop. Take advantage of the shopping lull to scan the clearance racks for winter apparel.
- If Santa didn't bring that new video game you've been coveting, it may be on sale post-Christmas.
- January White Sales are a department store tradition. Now is the time to stock up on new sheets, comforters, and towels.
- Everyone has resolved to get in shape this year, and you'll find deals on exercise equipment and workout clothes. Your local gym may offer special rates or free enrollment.
- If you've been eying that large screen smart TV, you'll find big sales in the weeks leading up to Super Bowl Sunday.
- By mid-winter, stores are beginning to think spring. Coats, boots, sweaters and other winter apparel are marked down, as well as winter sports gear like skis and snowboards.
- Presidents' Day means discounts on furniture and appliances.
- New model electronics debut in January at the annual Consumer Electronics Show. Grab a deal on last year's models now.
- February 15th is a sure bet for markdowns on chocolate and other candy.
- March is National Crafts Month; check out the big-name craft and hobby stores for sale items.
- It's Spring Break season! Look for sales on luggage.
- Time for spring cleaning and sales on a new vacuum.
- Stock up on discounted candy after Easter Sunday, as well as clearance Easter decorations for next year.
- Warm weather is coming and you'll find April sales on new sneakers and other shoes.
- It's graduation season, and many stores will offer sales on kitchen items for the new graduate.
- Are you in the market for a new refrigerator? New models come out in the summer; get a deal now as stores clear out last year's models.
- Memorial Day brings sales on furniture and small kitchen appliances.
- June is traditionally wedding season. You'll find sales on kitchen items geared toward gifts for the June bride.
- Father's Day sales offer discounts for great gifts for Dad like tools and mens clothing.
- Celebrate Independence Day with discounts on new mattresses and furniture.
- Don't miss Amazon Prime Day, usually held in mid-July. You'll find deep discounts on Amazon devices like the Fire TV, Echo, and Kindle tablets.
- August is commonly known as one of the best times to shop for back to school. Back to school means sales on computers and laptops, dorm supplies, office furniture, school supplies, and children's clothing.
- Looking for a new car? Car dealers clear out last year's models now through the end of the year.
- Scour the end-of-summer clearance sales for swimsuits, sandals and other summer gear like pool toys, gardening tools, and patio furniture.
- Labor Day sales center on large appliances and mattresses.
- Apple typically announces its new iPhone model in September; it's a good time to find a deal on last year's model.
- Everyone is back at school and you can find great deals on new jeans in October.
- Columbus Day is a terrific shopping weekend. Find deals on new appliances and clothing for the family.
- Chocolates and other candy are sure to be on clearance post-Halloween, as well as some fun seasonal decorations for next fall.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday are super sale days for deals on electronics, laptops and gaming systems. You'll also find some amazing pre-holiday toy sales.
- December is prime time for car shopping, as car salespeople are vying to meet their end of the year sales goals.
- You may be a bit shopping weary, but December 26th is a gold mine for discounted Christmas decorations, wrapping paper, gift tags, lights and cards at crazy markdowns as high as 90 percent.
These are some of the best times to shop for everything on your list, so be sure to mark your calendar!